- Postpartum Psychosis
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Schizo-affective disorder and other psychoses
- Other serious / complex conditions
- Mothers with these conditions under the age of 18, if there is a significant perinatal mental illness and they are likely to be the infant's principal carer. Inpatient Mother and Baby Units are suitable for the admission of a young mother but the admission will be managed in colaboration with Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Social Services.
- Women in the antenatal period over 28 weeks gestation who are experiencing a moderate to severe depression.
- Previous puerperal psychosis.
- Previous depression resulting in hospital admission
- Current moderate to severe depression.
- Minimum age of mother is 16+.
We accept referrals from:
- Health Visitors
- Maternity / Obstetrician